VHM Capital will comply with the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing. The UNPRI is a global, collaborative network of investors established in 2006. The principles set forth by the UNPRI are a set of best practices for incorporating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into investment decision making where consistent with fiduciary responsibilities.
As a provider of asset management services VHM Capital will look to integrate the following principles into our investment process:
The six Principles
• Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
• Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
• Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
• Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
• Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
• Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles
VHM Capital Consulting adheres to the Professional Standards for the Private Equity and Venture Capital industry defined by the European Venture Capital Association (EVCA).
Working to the highest standards
The EVCA is the guardian of the industry’s professional standards, shaping the principles of ethical behavior and trust that govern the relationships between private equity managers, their investors and portfolio companies. We follow the EVCA Code of Conduct and adhere to the standards. The standards are published in the EVCA Handbook of Professional Standards.
EVCA Handbook of Professional Standards
The EVCA Handbook of Professional Standards is a demonstration of the association’s commitment to developing and upholding the highest industry standards agreed by both private equity manager and investor members. The Handbook provides accessible, practical and clear guidance on the principles of governance, transparency and accountability that we abide by. Updated every year, it focuses on the relationship between private equity managers and their investors and between managers and the companies they back.